Engineering & Contracting
|Realization of Kounoune 60MW Power Plant – BOO
Kounoune Power, Senegal
Groupement Mitsubishi / Matelec
55 000 000.00 Euros (Matelec share 30 500 000.00 Euros)
28 February 2005
22 January 2008
Scope of Work
Developing, building and operating a 67.5MW heavy fuel power plant, based on a 15-year BOO contract with the local utility Senelec.
The plant includes 9 diesel diesel engines of 7.5MW each complete with all ancillary equipment, 90kV substation, fuel storage and pipeline.
This project is developed in partnership with MHI Equipment Europe, who has the overall construction responsibility along with Operation and Maintenance.
This project benefits from a long term financing package by international institutions lead by the International Finance Corporation (World BankGroup).
The works consisted of engineering, supply, erection and commissioning of:
- 9 Diesel engines, 7.5MW each.
- 90kV conventional HV yard.
- 2 Power transformers, 15/90kV, 50/63/75MVA.
- 15kV MV Switchgears.
- 9 MV generators.
- Protection control and monitoring system.
- Auxiliary power supply equipment.
- HV/LV cables and accessories.
- Earthing and lightning protection systems.
- Fuel and oil treatment systems.
- Steam production system.
- Combustion air and exhaust piping.